Dallas Green Hotel
The Westin Galleria Dallas is a Green Key Hotel that is committed to protecting the environment through our wide range of policies and practices. Each department works continuously to cultivate new strategies that help us reduce, reuse and recycle on an ever growing scale.
When you're visiting us make a green choice.
- Our formal system gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels instead of having them replaced daily
- Motion sensors and timers are installed in housekeeping closets to ensure that lights are turned off
- Our housekeeping staff is instructed to use natural light when cleaning guestrooms and to close blinds and drapes when leaving unoccupied rooms
- Usable bars of soap, individual shampoos, and other amenities are collected for donation to various charities and/or staff
- Toilet paper rolls that are used to the end and unused rolls are collected for reuse in staff washrooms
- Recycling bins are available in all guestrooms
- All guestroom and/or spa amenities include natural ingredients.
- Linens, towels, and other items that are no longer up to guest standards are donated to local charities/staff
- Materials/supplies that no longer meet guest standards are collected and donated to local charitable organizations on a regular basis
CONFERENCE AND MEETING SERVICE
- Reduce energy demand by using motion sensors and timers to control lighting
- Untouched food items are collected and donated to food banks and other charitable organizations on a regular basis
- More than 75% of note pads, napkins, office paper, and other paper products are purchased with a minimum of 30% recycled content
- Conference schedules, menus, contracts, etc. are communicated via e-mail to clients
- Reusable white boards are available to eliminate the need for flip charts
- Reusable linen napkins replace disposable paper napkins
- Decorative centerpieces are reused or donated to staff, charity, etc.
- Water-based markers and pens provided instead of permanent ink markers
- More than 755 of individual servings (butter, jams, creamers, etc. ) have been replaced with bulk purchases that are served in reusable containers
- Performance audits are regularly carried out to provide base-line data relating to energy consumption, water consumption and waste streams
- Elevators and/or escalators are taken off-service during slow times
- More than 75% of light bulbs have been replaced with high efficiency (e.g. compact fluorescent, light-emitting diodes and/or high intensity discharge) bulbs in guestrooms
- More than 75% of guestrooms have been equipped with low flow toilets, toilet dams, or tank fill diverters
- Heating systems and/or laundry steam traps have been installed and maintained to reduce condensation losses
- Landscaping and irrigation is controlled automatically by sensors to avoid over-watering
- Our hotel uses a waste compactor
- Discarded furniture and equipment is diverted from the general waste stream by being donated to local charities, or used by scap dealers
- Our hotel recycling program includes office paper, newspaper, plastics, cardboard, batteries, toner cartridges and toner grease